Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Performing Arts (Dance) with relevant working experience in related field.
- Planning daily routines and training schedules for dancers.
- Conducting training and rehearsals on Dayak traditional dances, placing special emphasis in how to use dance steps and techniques to achieve desired effects.
- Recording dance movements and their technical aspects using technical understanding of the patterns and formations choreography.
- Designing sets, lighting, costumes and other artistic elements of production in collaboration with cast members.
- Assessing dancers dancing abilities to determine where improvement or change is needed.
- Preparing performance reports to be submitted to the Management Authority as required from time to time.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of Dayak traditional dance steps, styles and routines.
- Ability to coordinate Dayak Cultural Dance routines and physical movements associated with a performance.
- Able to work together with a team of dancers, actors, and other production staffs.
- Possess good leadership skills.
- Possess creative talents and able to translate ideas into physical movements.
- Disciplined, persistent and passionate in meeting demands of dancers until they get every move perfect.
Remuneration will commensurate with academic qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letter, resume, a recent passport-sized photograph and a photocopy of academic certificates to the following address on or before 15th March 2018.
Dayak Cultural Foundation
Level 6, Wisma Tun Jugah
18 Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman
93100 Kuching, Sarawak.
Or email us at [email protected]
Only Shortlisted candidates will be notified for the post.